How to remove a lipstick bleed in Photoshop.
The 2 techniques.
Lets start with what works the majority of the time.
- It is non destructive to your image
- Does not make your file sizes increase dramatically.
- Super simple.
1. The colour adjustment layer.
How to create a colour adjustment layer in Photoshop.
- Create a new blank layer. Name the layer Colour Adjustment Layer. ( Please start naming layers.)
- Change the blend mode of the layer to colour or Color.
- Select the brush. Opacity 100% and flow 6%.
- Select a skin tone sample colour, ( Alt click) close to the area or lipstick and start brushing over the lipstick to remove the lipstick colour.
This technique can be used to remove many colour shifts.
2. Using Frequency Separation.
- Run your frequency separation action.
- Add a new blank layer above the low frequency layer.
- Select the brush and you guessed it at 6% flow.
- Sample the skin tone close to the lipstick you wish to remove.
- Brush over the lipstick to remove the colour.
- If you need to add some texture back into that area. Add a new blank layer above the high frequency layer using the healing brush or the clone stamp at a low flow add some skin texture back.